View Single Post
Old 2007-03-02, 22:25   Link #63
thecowninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by klinton View Post
I think you're just mincing words here, and looking to see something. It's quite clear that he is indeed her medium, and a point is made that Suiseseki wouldn't hand over her ring to him as her sister did (she clearly states that her sister is bound by the contract to him). If it's any consolation, the same word is used for Jun's relationship with Shinku to describe her master in the french translation.

As to the anime, I never thought anything contrary to the fact that the old man was her medium. Perhaps it's not expressly stated (I really don't recall, it's been awhile since I've watched it)...but I think the implications are clear enough.
Er, hello everybody. I just signed up today. ^^ Anyways, I think the only thing that could contradict that the old man is Suisei's medium is that when the game "officially" starts, Suisei said she wouldn't have Jun be her medium, which is always presented in the manner that it seems she doesn't have one. Another moment is when adorable little Suisei is in a phone booth in the rain, calling people to have "a little sister." I don't remember the actual words, so I don't know what to think on this matter, but some people believe she is looking up all the Sakuradas to find Jun. I thought she was trying to find someone instead of Jun.