Thread: Licensed Rosario+Vampire Manga
View Single Post
Old 2009-12-04, 02:59   Link #12489
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Well I think I'm going to stick with the manga ( at least for now ), and if I find some time for it, then I'm going to watch the anime. Well, from what I can tell, you guys are saying that it doesn't fallow the manga, right ? So it's just fanservice with no actual plot ? At least that's what I'm thinking right now ??
What about the voice acting is it good ( I mean does it at least fallow the characters image from the manga. Maybe at least this will convince me to watch it, because after what you guys told me, I'm honestly not too eager to watch the anime of RV in the near future.
If anything, just watch the first 3 episodes of the first season and the first of the second season. At least those keep to the manga story somewhat, and give you an idea about the voices and whatnot. Any others worth of watching would be the one that Kenji has the capture of in the previous posts, and a couple others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedRice84 View Post
I felt the voice acting was OK. Tsukune sounded like a wimp. Period!

I found Outer Moka's voice irritatingly high pitched. Even though it was same VA for both Outer/Inner Moka, I thought Inner's was voice too deep. So, for me, Moka was a miss as well.
If that's what you think, then about 95% of all anime females voices are too high pitched. Our western tastes can't handle the Japanese affinity to high pitched voices that they think/say is so cute. For Inner Moka, they obviously didn't interpret it correctly. It was Supposed to sound powerful, commanding, intimidating, and elegant, without trying to sound masculine. They failed...

But if you want to really be disturbed about voices, let me present you of the OTHER extreme you might not have ever thought of.

In the video below, fast forward to about 4:15 and you'll see what I mean...
that is, IF you don't fall out of your chair laughing your ass off.

I would have to say, that if I really wanted to insult someone's sensitivity, I would cast voices like that for female characters no matter how cute and feminine they were. Be happy and thankful they never pulled this gag in R+V, you'd be traumatized. (but the rest of the video here is quite funny too, hitting on the subject of greasy sumo wrestlers, and snobby rich wannabes, etc. etc.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedRice84 View Post
The rest of the voices were actually pretty good.
Except for Tsukune. Wimp all the way. I guess the anime's writers have major inferiority complexes that they feel they have to take away a character's GARness because they themselves can't imagine the wonders of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
I can sum it up in a simple sentence:

the anime is an abomination compared to the manga

then again, it was done by GONZO... and if you've been following any of their releases within the past few years, you'll find that they're tossing out plot for fanservice in most of their releases
Yes, and Gonzo is paying for that. But I highly doubt we will see something from anyone else with that.... unless it's done by another studio. I would recommend AIC as one. If anyone else can name others that might be faithful to the look and feel of the manga, please speak up, we all may have thought about it at one time or another.