View Single Post
Old 2004-03-26, 04:07   Link #3
bootleg

My mistake, it was a tga file.

Anyways, I read your tutorial on making animated gifs using BsPlay and Gimp. I've recently stopped using virtual dub and switched to Bsplay. After the switch, I was able to convert the files into jpeg, and Gimp was able to open it. Its like you said, its not as accurate as VD, but it gets the job done. Everything works great.

But I recently ran into a problem with one of your suggested steps.(the one below)

----------------------------------------
6. Working Under GIMP for Windows Part 2

A) Close all images that may be running in GIMP to avoid errors. Open GIMP's layer tool: Main GIMP window / File / Dialogs / Layers, Channels & Paths... Then open what is to be your first frame in the GIMP program. Keep this first frame open for the rest of this process.

B) In the Layer window, create a new layer by selecting the New Layer icon (Bottom left icon). The new layer options window will pop-up,.. use layer fill type: transparent, then select OK.

Open what is to be your second frame in the GIMP program. Copy the entire second frame: Right click on image / Edit / Copy. Then paste to your first frame/image: Right click on image / Edit / Paste. On the Layers window, anchor the layer: Icon looks like an ship anchor, located near bottom right. Close second image opened so that you can free up some computer memory and to avoid confusion.

Repeat part B for every other frame you want to add.

----------------------------------

The problems I have is the part explaining the use of the layers.
"create a new layer by selecting the New Layer icon (Bottom left icon). The new layer options window will pop-up,.. use layer fill type: transparent, then select OK. "
I clicked the new layer icon (bottom left), but, I never had a window pop up asking for layer fill type?

Another problem is with this one.
"Open what is to be your second frame in the GIMP program. Copy the entire second frame: Right click on image / Edit / Copy. Then paste to your first frame/image: Right click on image / Edit / Paste."
Could you please explain, which window you use to open the second frame. Is it the window containing the first frame or the main Gimp window?
Also, When I copy the second frame and paste it on to the 1st frame, I get a pop up window with a black background and white text. I was thinking it was some sort of error.

But I'm having a problem with step 6 as a whole.
If it isn't too much to ask. Could you add more detailed instructions on Step 6?

I appreciate your help,

============

On second thought, I don't need anymore help. I just figured it out. Your tutorial friggin works!!! Thanks a lot bro. I didn't really think I could ever do some thing like this.

I have seen the light.

=================

Hey Green, thanks again bro. Check it out, the avatar i'm using is the one I made through your steps (its the naruto opening theme one). I'll admit, it sucks,....but its something and original too.

Last edited by bootleg; 2004-03-26 at 04:34.
bootleg is offline   Reply With Quote