View Single Post
Old 2011-12-18, 20:57   Link #1202
Misuzu
Dribble.....SHOOTOH!

I stayed up late to finish it last night, and for the most part, I loved it. I'd spoiled myself enough to know we weren't getting any answers, and I had more than enough time to come to terms with that and appreciate the story for what it was. Glorious Lambdadelta, a surprisingly awesome Erica, an entertaining tale all around.

The only thing that really irritates me is that I don't feel like Kanon was explained at all. Stupid though it may be, I've accepted that Shkanon is the truth. I'll even accept that everyone is clueness enough not to realize they're the same person. But we never really got a reason for Kanon apart from the "little brother" thing. There are the theories about mutilated genitals and gender identity issues, but I don't feel like we really got much of that in the game, and it mostly feels like he existed for the sake of tricking the reader. Which makes the Kanon/Jessica stuff feel pointless.

There's actually a line in one of the games- Alliance, maybe? About Beatrice discovering the "perfect closed room trick". And I can see how Yasu might've posed as a boy for Jessica's school festival, thought "hey, this would be awesome to use in a murder mystery story", and made it a part of hers. I just don't get Kanon/Jessica or the love duels or anything like that. I felt like Shannontrice was more than sufficiently explained, which makes it weirder. Troll Ryūkishi, I suppose. This might be better suited for the interpretations thread.
Misuzu is offline   Reply With Quote