Thread: Licensed Saki manga
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-06, 20:10   Link #3092
night_sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedec0 View Post
I didn't really like the tell thing (or things like "power up from removing sock"), but whatever. However, tell or no tell, Sumire perfomance was still weak: If you add up the score of all the games where she didn't use her special ability, she still lost 5300 points.

Sumire used her sniping in four games:

+8000
+2600
Total impact of sniping -3500 points

Sumire lost 8800 points during the Sergeant battle, and the majority of that (5300 points) came from games where she didn't try to snipe.
The reason why I don't like Sumire's tell is because it was illogical in the narrative sense. Heck, on Side-A, I managed to tolerate Shizu's power that they really should have hinted before and Ryuuka's sudden talking to Toki because if you give some sort of caveat you could make it sense a bit. Sumire's tell sort of fall apart when you analyze it though.

Anyway, Sumire only used her sniping in four games precisely because of the tell. If there was no tell, Sumire should be sniping till the end of the match garnering her more points.

The points:

+8000
+2600

The bolded -12,000 happened exactly due to the tell. If you take this off, Sumire will be getting positive points and Yuu would be losing 12,000 on the final score. It should even more than that because Sumire's attack would be successful. Besides, the fact that Sumire still managed to do that without her ability is actually to be commended.

Quote:
This is team event, and it is the team strenght that matters. Yes, Teru is unstoppable, but the strenght of the players who followed was lacking compared to the other schools. If Shiraitodai comes in 3rd or 4th, it is because the overall strenght of the winning schools was higher than Shiraitodai. These winning schools would be "even stronger than Shiraitodai".
I really don't think that you can convince me that Achiga is stronger than Shiraitodai. The only Achiga which I can say that is stronger than her Shiraitodai counterpart is Arata.

If Shiraitodai placed lower than Achiga on this match, it doesn't necessarily meant that Achiga is stronger. Using your dragonball analogy, for example the fight with Raditz. It was Picolo who dealt the killing blow and Goku and Raditz died. Picolo is the lone survivor but you don't say in that fight that Picolo was the strongest of them, do you?

Quote:

Didn't both Saki and Nadoka SLEEP through the Sergeant round of the prefectural tournament final? See: http://www.mangahere.com/manga/saki/c019/26.html

Hmmm... that was because Hisa told them too. And they really can't help in the ensuing matches. On the other hand, the coming matches is someone Saki and Teru should be familiar with. And their teammates should be desperate for any advice against their counterpart.

Still, I give you that there is a slight possibility that Saki and Teru will not watch the vanguard and captain match. It will be really cold of them if they chose to do so, though.
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote