View Single Post
Old 2008-02-20, 15:11   Link #58
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudninja View Post
In episode 3, watch from 11:35 to 14:33. I think she came to the realization that it was a mistake to seal her feelings for Shin....
As for Jun touching her lips, she probably hasn't been close to a boy since she was little, probably with Shinichiro. Her reaction was normal for a shy and inexperienced girl who suddenly had intimate contact forced on her....
Why did he have a smirk after realizing by the shock on Hiromi's face that she liked Shin? If he had good intentions I would have expected a sympathetic and caring expression instead when he realized the situation.
1. And yet it was shortly after their pleasant walk with the sake that she told her friend about #4, and then went on to tell Shin in detail about how she came to like #4.

In any case, thanks for pointing out that her thawing started before the talk of #4, closer to when she knew he was with Noe. Was the first time she spoke directly to him when she warned him off Noe at his locker? The angel is starting the process of taking away her tears.

I keep wondering if she doesn't feel strong sisterly feelings toward Shin, rather than romantic ones. Perhaps she had to hold those sisterly feelings in check in case he misinterpreted them.

2. Certainly her reaction to the touch was partly the shock of innocence, but she was still moved. And certainly Jun is in a way taking advantage there, maybe even to forestall her getting with Shin, but I was just seeing it symbolically, since the action was so similar to his action when putting on Noe's helmet. I put it together with the slight thaw I thought I saw in his feelings after she talked about snow when he was asking her out.

3. Sure, Jun is manipulative. He is a bit of an adult. With his father dead and his mother away somewhere working, he basically has responsibility for his sister, and uses his perceptiveness to manipulate her environment for her. The smirk still didn't make me, at least, think of him as a bad guy. Just capable and dangerous. And deeply sad. The smirk might have been the bitter humor of the human condition, as opposed to a simple feeling of superiority. Perhaps the fact that he is so much hotter than any of the other guys -- like in another league -- makes me give him the benefit of the doubt.

Sometimes I think I'm just being contrarian here, in order that we don't all think the same thing. Or maybe I'm trying to avoid a Canvas2 fiasco, making sure we see hints on all sides, in case things take a sudden turn of some kind at the end, lol.

EDIT: Tripperzahn, isn't Noe the likely candidate for the thing he can't love?
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-02-20 at 16:02.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote