View Single Post
Old 2008-02-20, 16:25   Link #60
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
1. And yet it was shortly after their pleasant walk with the sake that she told her friend about #4, and then went on to tell Shin in detail about how she came to like #4.

In any case, thanks for pointing out that her thawing started before the talk of #4, closer to when she knew he was with Noe. Was the first time she spoke directly to him when she warned him off Noe at his locker? The angel is starting the process of taking away her tears.

I keep wondering if she doesn't feel strong sisterly feelings toward Shin, rather than romantic ones. Perhaps she had to hold those sisterly feelings in check in case he misinterpreted them.

2. Certainly her reaction to the touch was partly the shock of innocence, but she was still moved. And certainly Jun is in a way taking advantage there, maybe even to forestall her getting with Shin, but I was just seeing it symbolically, since the action was so similar to his action when putting on Noe's helmet. I put it together with the slight thaw I thought I saw in his feelings after she talked about snow when he was asking her out.

3. Sure, Jun is manipulative. He is a bit of an adult. With his father dead and his mother away somewhere working, he basically has responsibility for his sister, and uses his perceptiveness to manipulate her environment for her. The smirk still didn't make me, at least, think of him as a bad guy. Just capable and dangerous. And deeply sad. The smirk might have been the bitter humor of the human condition, as opposed to a simple feeling of superiority. Perhaps the fact that he is so much hotter than any of the other guys -- like in another league -- makes me give him the benefit of the doubt.

Sometimes I think I'm just being contrarian here, in order that we don't all think the same thing. Or maybe I'm trying to avoid a Canvas2 fiasco, making sure we see hints on all sides, in case things take a sudden turn of some kind at the end, lol.

EDIT: Tripperzahn, isn't Noe the likely candidate for the thing he can't love?
Ok only one thing, You don't call the guy that you have a crush on like "#4", if she was really interested on him she would have learn his name. She just picked the first guy she remembered and it happened to be a guy that was good at basketball and she knew him by #4. good enough! I really don't get why the insistance about Hiromi liking Jun. It is obvious it was a lie to get her friend off her back, she got caught by Shin, so she elaborated on her lie. She also made sure she picked a guy from another school to avoid any intereferance or rumours to leak in the school, but the Irony of it that Noe happened to be his sister.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudninja View Post
After the thaw created by the bathroom "toothpaste" incident at the end of episode 4, we see her take the initiative in the next episode by suggesting they go to the beach where she puts her scarf on him. Things take a turn for the worse in her bedroom when he tells her that he had talked to Jun. She seems very disappointed and she actually thought out loud "About today" at 18:43 of episode 5 right before he told her the visit was about Jun. From that thought "About today" you could tell why she was disappointed when Shin instead mentioned Jun. She was hoping that Shin was talking to her now because of their visit to the beach earlier in the day.

If you think that her feelings are sisterly rather romantic then you definitely have a unique way of looking at things Romantic feelings make more sense than sisterly feelings in why she decided to get closer to Shin after seeing Noe get too close to him.
Very well done Cloudninja, there is a reason that the writers bothered with showing us the same scene from both point of views. They really wanted to hammer into the viewers how both of them felt during the bethroom scene.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote