View Single Post
Old 2013-02-08, 19:57   Link #113
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
If Choe could prove that the Sybl system was operated by latent criminals, it'd certainly WOULD cast doubt upon the system.
How was Akane a damsel in distress in this episode? She got shot in the thigh with a nailgun, then sucked it up and told Kougami to go ahead while she bandaged up.

Also. I think people are underestimating the utility of surprise blunt trauma from behind.
I could understand felix's complaint if, say, Akane had rushed at Makishima and then clumsily tripped up, and just luckily knocked him out by going head-first right into his sternum.

But there was nothing "amateur hour" about Akane's victory here. She handled things well and with great professionalism.

Blunt trauma attack from behind isn't fancy, but it's not lame. If done well (and Akane did it well) it's quick and it's effective.

I think some people should stop hoping that Akane will somehow turn into Chuck Norris and roundhouse kick people while making a shining smile for the camera.

I like kickass protagonists as much as the next guy, but come on, your lead character doesn't need to be freakin' Batman in order to be strong and generally likable.