Thread: Licensed Shingeki no Bahamut
View Single Post
Old 2015-01-07, 14:18   Link #649
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
I think it's more likely that she's with Bacchus...
Why would she hang with Bacchus, there is nothing for her too do there. She doesn't drink and she has no interest in bounty hunting.

Quote:
But this goes completely against of what he said in the last scene. Also he was wearing his traveling clothes, not his knight armor.

I think it's fairly clear that Kaisar left his new life to travel with Favaro to save Amira and perhaps meet Rita again as well. Irresponsible or not, I think this fits well with Kaisar's character arc. He spent years of his life desperately hating Favaro (while at the same time being heartbroken over this) and having the shadow of his family and lost status hanging over him. By the end he's free of all this and he goes and enjoys his new found friendship and freedom.
Actually I don't think it goes against it at all. I watched the entire series again, and Kaiser has absolutely no interest in bounty hunting. And even in his travelling clothes, everyone still called him a "knight" despite the fact that he hadn't gotten his title back yet. Which means that knights basically do go around and travel around without their armor, and they are not always with the larger Orleans knight groups. I do think that Kaiser will travel with Favaro for a while, but while they are friends they live by completely different codes. Favaro understands that, which was why he said what he did about Kaiser's bounty hunter days being behind them. I think that Kaiser and Favaro will continue being friends and journey together at times, but Kaiser will stay a knight, while Favaro will return to being a bounty hunter.

I think that goes with Kaiser's arc as well in that he's able to let go and defy duty when he wishes, but that doesn't mean his entire character has done a 180, he's not suddenly turned into Favaro, he's just learned to let go a little. Also, like most friends, I think that them travelling together for too long would actually make them get on each others nerves.

I think Amira's arc is over and that Favaro meant to release her, which was what he said in that last goodbye to her. When he's saying that Bahamut will return, I think he means like eventually, as in decades or even centuries later. I don't think he's going off to look for it at all an is just going on with his life (in the direction the wind blows as he says).

But hey, that's my interpretation, and you have yours.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote