View Single Post
Old 2012-10-16, 17:27   Link #47
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceral View Post
Yea, I got carried away, obv Kyousuke and Riki do a lot more to keep the group together, esp the original group. The original group seems to be solid and not needing any glue outside of their main 5. What I meant was that besides Riki, I think Komari is on best terms overall with the other girls. Perhaps I am exaggerating but I think her presence is vital in keeping the other girls content. Besides being Rins best friend, she's got the connection to Anego who likes fawning over her and she seems to be the butt of the jokes for the sake of entertaining all the girls. She and Kud seem to relate well too. I got the feeling that as far as scenes with other characters go, she popped up the most frequently, besides Riki of course. She just seems to be a natural for the supporting character role.

I just think that, if they want to use her as that supporting character and butt of the jokes, it would be more appropriate if they did a better job showing off how friendly and naive she is, otherwise I see those scenes falling flat and maybe even being a little confusing if they only feature her eccentricity.

Edit: I get the feeling that there'd be something missing from the other routes if she got removed, whereas I think the other routes (Barring refrain obviously), would be exactly the same. Perhaps I go too far though...
Hmmm...Well she had no influence in the other girl's routes really (Rin aside)...
In Anego's route she only showed up for the funny scene with the guys asking the girls out as a test, and even then you can not pick her.
In Kud's route she's mostly present during the study session though you can pick others to study with.
Haruka and Mio's route she pretty much doesn't show up.

Honestly, one thing I've noticed is that aside from refrain and such, the other girls can easily vanish during routes other than their own and not affect them in the least.