View Single Post
Old 2013-04-01, 18:33   Link #7991
somersault
thus spoke zarathustra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
Late reply: things could have ended MUCH better, as deconstructed by at least a few fanfics.
Personally, I thought the ending was satisfactory, amidst the mess that R2 was; sure, season 2 was enjoyable as hell, but goddammit there were some plotholes that could be seen by a blind man.
Even so, an ending's purpose, as it has been stated by a famous dude I can't remember (even though I took a uni class on that damn subject), must have a logical conclusion and the result of the whole outcome should make sense on the audience's mind by the entirety of what it was presented, even if it doesn't appeal to the generic wishes and wishful thinkings; and like the writers said, they changed many stuff in R2, but the ending was planned from the beginning. Honestly, Lelouch's whole journey could only end like this.

Now, if someone could have let a random nuke fall into the place of that goddamn Viletta/Ougi wedding, with only survivors being Kallen, Milly, Rivalz, Lloyd and a couple others, that would be the ultimate best ending. Ever.