View Single Post
Old 2009-05-22, 23:21   Link #38
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
There must be more than one juiz, it will be problematic is she is called at the same time by 2 or more customer. I think each one them have their own personal Juiz.
Not necessarily, if Juiz is a highly advanced or sentient AI; if "she" has enough processing power, she can certainly handle several Selecao requests all at once.

Another thing that has me intrigued is the fact that Juiz seems to be able to fulfil what realistically should be near-impossible requests almost instantaneously. For example, IV ("bang! bang!"), IX ("gyafun", "yo I wanna trump up false charges against someone for the LULZ", "hey I wanna be a Roppongi property owner lol"), and XI ("clean up the trash, Juiz", "I need a translator stat", "trash that tanker plskthx"). If we dismiss the possibility of the Noblesse phones having a supernatural aspect or something like that, then it's not just a matter of a stupidly rich Mr. Outside anymore; it would speak of an infrastructure on an unprecedented scale serving whatever request the 12 Selecao can possibly think up.

Amongst other things, what we've seen would suggest a dedicated agent shadowing each Selecao, capable of doing hits and shooting out tires amongst other possible skills, ready access to the deepest levels in the economic, political and military hierarchy of Japan, and perhaps even a team of skilled professionals in all fields capable of servicing every business need. That's some scary infrastructure there, and only IX is beginning to question all this by virtue of having lost his memory. The rest of the Selecao either know something IX and the rest of us don't, or they're all just looking a gift horse in the mouth.

I mean, yeah, it's only half the series, and the full explanation is probably still coming up. But, I just can't see the explanation not ending up being completely [beep]ing crazy, somehow. @_@