View Single Post
Old 2011-12-08, 07:38   Link #4537
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franckie View Post
You're not keeping long-term developments in mind. Yami is still on the move, the Eternal Sunset is about to occur, and then there's the Kuremisago. The author has more than enough material to last for several hundred more chapters. Kenichi being a master-class fighter still wouldn't change anything.

As KLGChaos points out, however, Kenichi's usefulness to the plot is nonexistant. He is suppose to be the epicenter of the manga but he is not; his masters are. Why? Because Kenichi is too weak to compete with the top-tiers. We're 455 chapters into the story and he's still described as a "Disciple-class" fighter. But hints are being dropped that the story is about to take a major turn. We have yet to learn Mikumo's motivation for tipping Silcardo off about Miu and Saiga is right around the corner. Furthermore, there is a high probability that one of Kenichi's masters will be killed and Ryozanpaku will be forced to scatter as they previously did. Without Ryozanpaku, Kenichi and the rest of the Shinpaku Alliance will be forced to pick up the fight with Yami.

Kenichi being too weak will be addressed too. Kenichi is long overdue for a major power-up and the author has been placing hints that several massive power-ups will occur. Kenichi's masters are still in the process of remodeling his body (which is nearing completion) and are still holding a substantial amount of knowledge from him (e.g., Muay Boran). Kenichi's level of skill has also been acknowledged to be "superior" to "prodigies" such as Miu in certain areas (e.g., his "Eye of Insight"). All these factors combined would grant Kenichi a massive boost in power and could very well propel him close to master-class level. After that fighting against master-class fighters would push him up to their level.
I really hope his power level will get a boost. However, with how stagnant his growth has been since the DofD arc, if he suddenly jumps up massive levels in power, he suddenly becomes an Ichigo.... ass pull power ups that are basically DEMs, which are never really good, especially considering one of the main appeals of the manga was Kenichi's lack of talent being made up for with hard work. Sadly, all that hard works seems to have reached a plateau and really isn't doing anymore for him. We'll have to see how the author handles it.

Hopefully, after all this business with Miu is done, the focus will shift back to the disciples, where it belongs, but my hopes are fairly low.

My biggest hope is that Yami fades into the background once more, instead of being the forefront of the story. Bring Yomi vs. Shinpaku back and save Yami for when the disciples can actually stand a chance fighting them. As much as I love the masters, I'd rather see Kenichi and Shinpaku being the ones that save the world, instead of being background scenery while the masters do it.