View Single Post
Old 2007-08-03, 09:52   Link #1018
mangastuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
While Suzaku certainly murdered his father, why do you think he's a traitor? Would it be because the death of the Prime Minister finished Japan's resistance or because he joined the Britannian military? I've already explained the latter, but the former is similar to what the Japanese peace faction did at the end of World War II, and I don't think that anyone would reasonably see them as traitors.
If you join the invador's army and fire at your ppl, then you will be a traitor no matter what you really want (Except if you are a spy ). Suzaku does want to fight for Britainian army, not that he pretends to do. As I've said, "changing from within" should be consider "balance" when you do not sacrify one side's lives and benefit. Here, Suzaku is not in the "middle" but too much pro-Britainian. Although he tried not to kill civilians (which is considered micracle actually ), he killed the Japanese solders, and save the Britainian solders who are going around killing the Japanese solders and civilains.

And your example is simply not fit.

Just want to clarify because I see you misunderstood sth:
About the "human" thing: Basically, I cannot stand those heroes who are comprehensively good and/or straightforward, who are always saved by luck and win by love, aka god-like So I consider Lulu "more human" compare to them.

About "greatness" and "naive" thing: In short I don't care about Lulu's ruthless because it is more realistic (if you see one real one with huge military power who is not ruthless, try to find whether it is an act or not, and then if not wait whether he is going to die soon or not ), but he is not "great" because he is "too naive for a hero", and that include many thing you know, what you list and even more ("a very talented kid is still a kid" )

--------------

I am sorry I have to add this, because it is a so funny arguement
Quote:
That's not quite it. We don't see her giving any orders to slaughter any civilians, so the default assumption is that she didn't do so. Besides, I believe that the soldiers' justification for killing said civilians was because they were aiding and abetting the rebels - apparently equivalent to treason and subject to summary execution.
so you need to hear the exact words to know that she order the massacre ? As an experient general, She knew about obvious consequence in such kind of attack, moreover, she knew what really DID happen last time. So simply saying "make another Sinjuku" without adding "dont harm the civilians" means to do what the army did do in Sinjuku, including killing civilians.

Last edited by mangastuff; 2007-08-03 at 10:32. Reason: for grammar, sigh
mangastuff is offline   Reply With Quote