View Single Post
Old 2011-12-23, 20:15   Link #61
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
While the end wasn't stellar, it still was ok. (I should've rated it 7/10 instead of 8/10 - can you somehow change that?)

As I had thought already, Yozora not showing up on that last day was 100% her fault alone - she was there, but she didn't show herself. Thus, she has no one to blame for it but herself alone. That she still tries to pin it to Kodaka is ludicrous, but fits her bitchy, trollish nature.
Also, with this being entirely her own fault, there's no excuse for her bitchy behaviour, and from the looks of it, she won't change it one bit of it now either.

Likewise as I already thought, Kodaka now knowing that Yozora was the boy from 10 years ago doesn't really change anything - not for Kodaka who says that they're now different persons, and not for Yozora either who eventually realised the same and tells him to continue calling her Yozora.

Yes, it was strange to see tsun-only Yozora suddenly going dere.
They really could've shortened the obvious stuff and instead slip in an update on the Kodaka-Sena relationship.
Going by the light novels , that's impossible to accomplish. Unless you give them 12 additional episodes....

Actually , it's my view that this episode would have made a good first episode of a sequel , not the final episode.

Because , without seeing Yozora's dere side or internal thought processes , I don't think it's going to be that easy to comprehend Yozora's characters if the next 3 volumes gets animated in the second season...

Given the Yozora hate among Hagani fandom , I'd think that seeing things from her perspective , even for a half episode is quite useful to counteract that bias - if they did a sequel, given the number of Yozora Centric and sympathetic scenes that will crop up if such a sequel is made. In a way , she's a character that needs a little.... character redemption and development outside the Flanderized Bitch we've seen so far. That happens in the Novels , but seeing Yozora animated actually paints a far les flattering picture of her , than seeing it in print. Hence , a Yozora POV probably is a must, if they want to open up the possibility of a second season.

Suffice to say , the rule is this : Light Novels + Ongoing Series + 1 Cour = Either Angel Beats style trainwreck compression , or a very open inconclusive ending.