Thread: Licensed Rosario to Vampire
View Single Post
Old 2008-02-22, 08:51   Link #1092
Blizzer
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Im a little disappointed with Rosario to Vampire, as I believe the premise of the story is good and I'm generally interested to know what happens to Tsukune later on in the story, such as how he gets stronger and whether his human secret gets out (I've already read hints of what's coming up), but I think Rosario to Vampire could have been done so much better and the ED really does belong to a greater anime than Rosario is.

The character's are shallow (I mean in terms of background and personality ), the episodes are repetitive, the fights are anti-climatic, the fan-service isn't even that great and Noble Masters pwns the fan-service shown in Rosario, the girls have no reason to like Tsukune which is common in harem anime but Tsukune really has done nothing to warrant any affection (except he was brave in saving the ice woman, I guess), it lacks any seriousness: I hate overly-serious anime but everything turns into a horrible joke like Negima season 2, and there is a really intrusive bat that keeps popping up on the screen to tell us either useless or drawn out explanations - I have read intrusion is a cardinal sin of writing as it halts the plot and I have to agree there, I mean they could have atleast made the bat a proper character like Moka's pet or some rubbish and sneak the info in better by making him an informative character.

Despite, all of these misgivings and rantings (I don't hate it) I will still watch it.

P.S. As someone said before Shirayuki ftw!
Blizzer is offline   Reply With Quote