View Single Post
Old 2010-05-30, 15:10   Link #2055
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeath View Post
That was his point, the older fans will have a different mindset than younger fans and are more likely to enjoy rebuild. Whether thats true or enough? who knows... Its an interesting theory though.

P.S.

The problem with your sig is that everyone thats a fan of Rebuild is by necessity a fan of the original NGE. A hugh part of 2.0 is the contrast between how the pilots act in the original NGE vs the movie.

So the original NGE has no shortage of fans.
But you missed my point .

What he was saying was that through time, age, and growth, with a different view in life then I would be better able to appreciate what's been done to the characters, Anno's mindset now as a 50 year old instead of a 35 year old.

But it's not the mindset that gets me exactly. I have no problem with trying to explore a bit of a more positive mindset and perhaps conclusion to Evangelion... However, in doing so, I would still like the characters kept in tact, and I want to see how these characters reach that point without actually having been changed.

That's why it disappoints me to see Shinji act the way he did in the end of 2.0 because this is not the same character who managed to reach that conclusion. He seems like a different character, and hence, a character I cannot connect well with at that point.

P.S.

About my sig... Those who are willing to like Rebuild have casted off your faith in the original. You have let our sanctuary be defiled! You are all heathens!

I might change my sig once I calm down from my nerd-raging. It just goes to show you that all that's been on my mind this past month has been Evangelion... Rewatched the series all over again (Even episodes 25&26!), then saw 1.0, and then this movie.

Its almost as if I am living vicariously through this series .

But really, as my favorite show ever, with nothing that even comes close to this... I have good reason to care so much about this series.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote