Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Uchuu Kyoudai (Space Brothers)
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-20, 10:28   Link #804
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Well protocol wise the instruction is to stay and wait for rescue, but that was the situation before the tank rupture. Getting out of the canyon is the only option for Hibito to get both of them out.

Obviously NASA doesn't know that and we can't blame them. On the other hand we the viewer can't help but know that chances are they'll have to break protocol to save the two's lives.
If think if they stayed and waited for rescue before the tank ruptured, Damien would have died from Hypothermia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I certainly found this episode compelling, but a couple of things bothered me about it. In particular, wouldn't running increase Hibito's oxygen use? I understand his urgency, but I'd imagine that eighty minute figure didn't include strenuous exercise.
I was thinking the same thing. It is possible that Hibito did use more oxygen, because of strenuous things he had to do, but we viewers just aren't tolled if 60 minutes really did pas. We only know that he has 40 min and 20 min of oxygen left .
For example, he could have 20 min oxygen left, but rather then that 60 minutes passed only 40 minutes passed.

Last edited by chaos_alfa; 2013-01-20 at 10:40.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote