View Single Post
Old 2013-01-01, 21:12   Link #4140
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

I told my friend - who is a United fan - that Wigan always tend to get hammered by United, and that it'd be no different this time. Seems I was spot-on. Apart from last season's loss (thanks to Shaun Maloney), Wigan have never had a good time playing United. Biggest win of the day as well.

I was pleased with a point against a very disciplined and threatening Saints side, especially since we never looked like getting the winner once the likes of Ramsey and Gervinho (OH ESPECIALLY MR FOREHEAD) came on. Shaw looks a very promising full-back: great pace, energy and discipline, and he's only 17.

I feel he went just about even up against old Saints boy Oxlade-Chamberlain but the latter narrowly comes up on top because of winning more individual duels. Shaw sometimes struggled to deal with the power and pace of AOC but did not panic and stuck to his task.

Walcott was isolated, and no one was doing anything to support him! His free-kick led to the own goal but honestly, Arsenal were poor yesterday.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote