Thread: Sailor Stars ^^
View Single Post
Old 2004-01-04, 17:13   Link #16
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWho2002
Umm... it's not cross dressing when it comes to the Three Lights/Sailor Star Lights... they're women as senshi, but their secret identities as the Three Lights are men. In the manga that is different, and Naoko Takeuchi didn't really like that they did that in the anime.

Toei will also not let Sailor Stars be licensed. They won't let it because they feel that if it were, the image of Sailor Moon most people have would change.
In the manga, the Three Lights/Sailor Star Lights are women all the time, or what? Incidentally, I did realize that, in the anime, they are women when transformed, and men the rest of the time. Yes, crossdressing was the wrong word, but what is the right word? Gender mutation?

Also, if I'm not mistaken, wasn't the R1 release heavily edited to make it more "kid friendly"? If that is the case, isn't it Toei's own fault that people's image if Sailor Moon would change after seeing Sailor Stars? That isn't to say that Sailor Stars isn't a bit more edgy than the earlier series', but...

Anyways, I'm just glad to finally get a chance to see this series, subbed and unedited.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote