View Single Post
Old 2012-12-11, 01:15   Link #31331
haguruma

Send a message via ICQ to haguruma Send a message via MSN to haguruma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkama View Post
Well, Dlanor states the Beatrice was writing not two but three solutions the the mystery. The first one being the Magic solution. The second one being the Shkanon solution. Dlanor states that OC will help you find the second solution but Beatrice wants you to find the third solution on your own.
Though I always think this way of thinking limits the implication put forth by this line too much. For me it is not just about solutions, it is about what the stories are trying to portray and for that, I think, another line by Dlanor is important:

"While she was appealing to those who had love, her heart was also cynical and critical, full of wrath towards those who had no love."

And even more:

"These are her words,
but I want to repeat them.

In every persons heart exists love.

The fact that she was unable to see this herself, that is her true tragedy.
"

I think the first story is not only the magical narrative, but what she wanted people to see and to believe. The second story is what she wanted to imply, her confession and her wish to be found. And the third story, I think, is what she actually thought of those people, the unconscious aspect of her own writing in which she expressed all her uncontrolled emotions.

What this could tell us is that "Beatrice" was neither a witch of pure evil nor an innocent maiden, but she failed because she tried to see the world in black and white.
haguruma is offline   Reply With Quote