Thread: Licensed Inu X Boku SS
View Single Post
Old 2012-01-12, 23:45   Link #48
julez
Tsundere-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meepy View Post
So much yes to Ririchiyo wanting to change herself. Of course I really don't see how completely avoiding people will help someone be able to socialize better. I guess it could be a sort of . . . loving yourself before others, though, which I can understand. I also liked that there was more than just bullying involved in her story. The whole "protection" part I thought was a good aspect to throw in, which I found to be really sad.
She realized she needed to change, but at the same time felt very afraid of what that entailed. If she takes the risk of moving out of her comfort zone by overcoming her bad habit and STILL gets rejected or liked just because of her family's money, that would be an even bigger blow to her self worth. Therefore she wanted to avoid interacting with people, so she would never have to face that. This way she still has hope to cling on to, that maybe someday if she overcomes her bad habit things will be different, but not today because she's not ready.
You are right that the only way she will learn to socialize better is by constantly interacting with people, AND she will begin to love herself in the process. That is probably what will happen over the course of the series, at least that's what I'm hoping for.

The best part of this show is how Soushi reacts to Ririchiyo's tsunshun personality. His sweet puppy dog love and loyalty towards her will probably keep me watching this.
julez is offline   Reply With Quote