View Single Post
Old 2010-05-28, 00:17   Link #100
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Well, interesting to see that my predictions on Setsuna's nature becoming more demon-like was correct; also very interesting to see that Evangeline is picking up on the small changes and bits. It makes sense that she would notice Setsuna's behavior and aura changing like that, since she tried so hard to convince Setsuna to give her sword up during the Chao arc. So of course, she can see what others don't want to see; or blind themselves to.
And it's hilariously ironic, since Setsuna seems to have gone the other way from where she was in the Chao arc, now that she seems to have chosen duty over personal happiness (although maybe not completely...)

Quote:
Equally interesting to see that Asuna has put two and two together. She might not be the sharpest character in the set, but when it comes to her friends she makes connections; I'll bet anything that Mana is starting to pick up on the changes too, since she's worked with Setsuna before and knows her well.

Also, the opening segment cracked me up in the best way possible. XD There's just something hilarious about the whole kite and rock concept.
Yeah, I never thought of Asuna as particularly "street-dumb", especially after you see her in the Magical World arc. And she also had the advantage of actually hearing from Konoka what had happened the Halloween that the Wards were broken, so she was able to connect the dots better than most.

I giggled as I wrote the kite scene , it was just so silly and tragically lame!

Quote:
Gotta admit I'm a bit surprised that none of the other members of the main group have made an appearance. I figured that with Konoka in trouble they'd all come running to her aid.
Some of the old Ala Alba members will be cameo-ing in later chapters, but I really wanted to keep the cast small, as the story is ultimately about Konoka and Setsuna and not about the Ala Alba. Another in-story reason for it is that the Wallwards and the Konoe are being very careful around each other, and the whole situation with the Wards is sort of a symbolic first-collaboration the two families have together. Konoemon had already pushed it by sliding Setsuna (and Mana) into the fray, but too many outsiders would possibly cause the political situation to blow up in their faces.

Even for the possibility of the end of the world, politics come first!

Quote:
EDIT: .... Bah, okay, I'll say this now because it's seriously bugging me. >>;;;;

I get what you're aiming for with the whole KonoSets angle. I really, really do. But for some reason the execution of it just bugs the ever living hell out of me and makes it hard for me to cheer for their happy ending. I mean, the whole issue is a built up case of miscommunications and secrets and attempts to hide true feelings and fear of confiding in each other. I don't care what kind of hell they go through, that kind of base does not make for a healthy, low lasting relationship. I mean, dammit, Konoka, you bitch; I know Setsuna has a guilt streak a mile wide, but really, do you think you're doing her any favors by hiding something she's starting to figure out on her own? Jesus Christ, I want to reach into the screen and throttle her for that moment.
It's fair that it's bugging you, no problem!

Technically, at this point I'm not actually trying to get Konoka and Setsuna together . I've got 4 "story-arcs" for this story, if you will, and I'm just about to close on the first arc, which is setting up just how screwed up they all are. The emotion I was trying to express here is that both Konoka and Setsuna had given up hope of a "happy ending", and so they're both just trying to get through life the best they can, and despite the angst even actually enjoying life at times . (Which, of course, will bring us into the next arc where the real angst starts ...)

I have to say, personally , that I feel sorrier for Konoka actually...since Setsuna can actually mope around and angst, but Konoka has to show a good face for her new in-law family, for her husband who doesn't deserve to get hated for it and who she actually does like, and ultimately be the one responsible if the Wards crash and screw the world over... I dunno, I suppose that I have a bit more sympathy for Konoka because her behaviour affects many people, while Setsuna only affects herself?