Thread: Licensed Goblin Slayer [Light Novel]
View Single Post
Old 2018-04-17, 04:54   Link #866
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questman View Post
I am with you on the harem thing. Harems are bound to make a story stupid.
But I doubt they will do that. They will catch the same vibe like the manga and the LN.
And as far as I know in all those 7 LN books we never had a situation where any female partymember went 'GOBLIN SLAYER SAMAAAAA!!!!'
So I trust the author will keep it that way.

They have a bond and do care for each other, but this is just genuine caring and not love. That is why I can buy the High Elf Archer and Priestess interaction with Goblin Slayer (and Guild Girl and Cowgirl), because it is kept normal without the mindless fawning I have seen in other works.

But we will have fanservice...
At least they get resolved quickly and Goblin Slayer's nonchalant reaction makes it bearable.
What I mean by "harem bullshit" is the anime ignoring all the other stuff and dial up the harem aspect, not that GS doesn't have harem undertone.

Cow Girl, Guild Girl, Priestess and Elf Archer are all interested in GS with varying degrees, but they all know what kind of person GS is and thus is more worried about his mental health then of the romantic aspect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Yes, it's that kind of harem where MC wakes up with naked Onee-san in bed instead
Only once, and it was necessary else it's death.