Thread: Licensed Berserk Film Trilogy
View Single Post
Old 2012-02-12, 07:54   Link #206
Lovin

I saw the clip for the first 10 minutes of the movie::
Berserk:: first 10 minutes of movie

As said before by others, the only problem i can see is with the CGI, i much prefered it to be drawn out like the anime was, I felt it was easier to determine the emotion and not only that it looked tons better in my opinion. The characters dont look nearly as badass as they did in the manga and anime series especially guts, and in my opinion it seems to lack emotion. There's another clip where guts and caska are having an argument and the way in which guts character in portrayed leaves him seeming blank and just doesnt do the anime or manga justice.
However i'll still watch it, I want to see if it's true that they'll be following the manga to a T. Just hope they dont tone down the explicit scenes that add to the character development and darkness of the storyline.
Since it's got warner bros name on it i'm a little concerned that they'll try to make it more for the general public instead of sticking to the dark story. For example the ending of the anime. Very explicit and really can't be cut out, but will they include the rape scenes and the sex scenes that add to the darkness of the story?
I have my doubts but it'll be interesting to see what they do.