View Single Post
Old 2012-02-19, 10:47   Link #22
Vorenus
Angsty Newtype

I didn't enjoy this episode much.

First, I felt that Naruto should feel more shocked after the revelations from his mother as well as the fact he will never see her again.
Not saying it should have been an episode worth of emo, but it felt rushed.
I was expecting Naruto to talk more about what he learned, etc, and confirm that he now has a very personal grudge against Madara.

Another rushed part is the new Kyuubi-form: longer explanations would have been welcome (they will probably come later)...
So far, it seems to overlap a lot with Sage-mode, although this Kyuubi form seems to be even stronger... faster and even better sensory powers.

The jokes didn't do it for me either... everyone acted stupid for the sake of the plot.
Naruto having his feet stuck? His new form should be powerful enough to easily break the rock surrounding it, and shouldn't he benefit from the healing features of the Kyuubi chakra for a mere twisted ankle not to prevent him from walking without getting first-aid from Yamato?

Then, I'm not a big fight of Gai... I like his relationship with Lee, but apart from that, he is always depicted as a joke character...
He also already had a fight with Kisame, which I didn't like either and it feels like a rehash of it.
The fight was too DBZesque and not Ninja-like enough for me...
If anything, Naruto should have brought down Kisame, in order to show how his new form was like and how it differs from Sage Mode...
Well, I guess there will be plenty of occasions for that later...

The animation was not great and the music chosen was a poor fit to the action in most cases.

In short, too much focus on secondary character and villain, and too many failed jokes, after a couple of episodes full of revelations that called for more serious focus on the main characters of this arc.
Vorenus is offline   Reply With Quote