Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Chihayafuru Season 2
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-16, 00:08   Link #1306
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
as for them not similar, they are both players who devoted much of their time to karuta and were isolated from other people (or even other players of the same age) since they were considered to be geniuses. I'll leave it at that. Shinobu and Arata's exchange before the start of the match explained my point more clearly than what I can say about the matter.
That's just Shinobu's conceit that her road is the only road. Arata's not isolated. He goes to a Karuta society, he has a senpai he looks up to, he has normal friends, he has karuta friends...

He happens not to have a club because his school didn't have one and he didn't create one. And in Tokyo, he was alone because he was the new kid.

Quote:
boobie-chan is different. she views the cards as poems, not as 1, 2 or multi syllable cards. though she had to unlearn that to become a class A player and take the reader exam.
Yamashiro 7-dan's the same, though. She also reads the poems like, well, poems, not bunch of syllables. That's why Kana aspires to be like her.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote