View Single Post
Old 2009-01-05, 13:47   Link #1025
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
Minmei has another characteristics than Ranka. Don't put both into the same pot in terms of youth behavior.

I am not firm with your country laws but from where I live Ranka can not taken into full responsibility as she is not recognized as fully adulted.

Btw. being a teen is a time where you still enjoy youth without taking full responsibilities so you are able to grow gently. Responsibility comes from itself.
Minmay and Ranka are indeed different from one another, that is true. But comparing them can't really be avoided. The fact that Minmay goes through something similar to Ranka in DYRL is the main reason, and in the end it isn't really to Ranka's favor when such a comparison is inevitably made especially when her actions can also be juxtaposed alongside the other idol, Sheryl. Now, if one hasn't seen DYRL, the only character that she can be compared to is Sheryl.

It isn't about determining development during puberty, or analyzing youth behavior (seriously, we're talking about these now?), nor about the legal definition of what constitutes a child from a teenager. I won't claim to be an expert on such technical topics, but I can understand a story. It's about actions, choices and character and plot. And in that line, Minmay and Ranka can be compared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor
...and at the end, Ranka cures Sheryl lol..isn't that the sign she cares ppl other than Alto?? If she doesn't care ppl other than Alto as ppl suggested,
She cares for her friends too, of course (even though she fails in showing that in some critical moments). But with regard to her reasons for singing, it's all about Alto. Everything else comes second to that. That's basically part of the actual plot. You're arguing about two different things.