View Single Post
Old 2012-11-13, 18:21   Link #260
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oroboro View Post
I think Kirito outlined his reasons for this pretty well in the episode itself.
I think his reasons are dumb conisdering that it is just a game and that he has to rescue his wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaneo View Post
It may or may not be faster to help the salamanders out. Granted yes if they succeed and assassinate 2 Faction leaders they get 30% of each nation's treasury, plus added to their own, that's a lot of money. Probably more then enough to take on Yggdrasil.

But look at it this way. If Kirito successfully prevents the assassinations, he'd probably make friends with both nations. Both nations negotiate an alliance successfully, he now has the full backing of 2 nations. and if we throw in his own race, that's a LOT more helpful then just the salamanders with their bonuses.
From what in can see he has 2 options.
1. Work with the Salamanders and gain the chance to rescue Asuna faster.
2. Waste precious time with making friends and risk to lose Asuna in that way.

To me, option 2 sounds not so great compared to option 1.

relentlessflame said it richt.
Quote:
It's fairly logical to assume that as anime viewers (because we can guess that nothing that happens is unintentional), but they never actually have Kirito say this, nor even hint at the logic that went into his decision. He doesn't really show it on his face either, and instead we only see him having fun in the game and getting closer to Leefa. They did hint previously that getting up the world tree may require cooperation between the races, but they haven't shown Kirito making the connection. Absent any further hints/insight, it can look like he's ignoring Asuna to take care of this "side-business", as if saying "well, Asuna can wait for a bit". That probably isn't actually what he's thinking, but that hasn't really been clearly conveyed so far. I think it will be made more clear going-forward.
Dauerlutscher is offline   Reply With Quote