View Single Post
Old 2012-12-08, 00:32   Link #154
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Was referred to this thread by Willx.

I'm just going to put my 2 cents here.

As the president of the Union in 00 stated, "Each and every country intervenes in the affairs of other countries for their own purpose and to protect their civilians...there's no such thing as good will"

For example, why does everyone invade Afghanistan? Almost every nation in the past has invaded it at one point in time (Alexander, Chinese, Ghenghis Khan, etc.). The reason was because Afghanistan was the McDonalds of Asia. You control it you have access to almost anywhere else in Asia.

The South China Seas is an area that is rich in resources and shipping lanes so yeah everybody including the birds and bees are going to try to gain as much stake in it as they can. Would they go to war? No, in a global economy where everybody is tied together they will never risk that, especially with nuclear weapons. The world is in need of Energy and because both India and China are still developing countries they need to secure as many energy resources as possible to feed themselves. That's the harsh reality. Imagine what'll happen when the African Continent gets on board and starts developing at the same pace.

This is the exact same thing except we're a bit more civilized and aren't going in with guns blazing. All of the small guys know that they can't match China but at the same time China doesn't want to push too far as war is bad for business.

I should also point out because the United States has naval assets operating in the area the Chinese will want to try to stake out as much as possible to protect themselves. Don't forget that Obama is establishing a new marine base in Australia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
My two cents in this is that no one, and I mean NO ONE, should have ever made business with the PRC after what happened in 1989 at Tiananmen Square. The Tiananmen incidents should have been the last straw and the perfect excuse for everyone to cut all diplomatic and business ties with PRC as much as everything was shut down with the Apartheid oppressing blacks in the 1970s... the perfect proof that nothing is gained from doing business with such government until the prople overthrow it by all means.
Typical.

By that logic we should've cut all ties with the US when the National Guard massacre those students back in the 80's.

Quote:
By the way, screw Stephen Harper for selling those oil fields to China! This piece of trash should be beaten to oblivion for what he did to Canada.
This people is a prime example of ignorance. The oil sands belong to the CROWN. Anybody, even Canadians, who drill and extract the oil and set up operations must apply and pay for a lease to do so and pay their taxes and royalties on it.

Nexen itself is a gas and exploratory company. That and Nexen operations includes less than 1% of the oil sands, as Trudeau would put it it's hardly a national security risk and as Redford put it bluntly, Alberta has wealth because tons of foreign businesses set up shop there. (About 78% of the oilsands are foreign owned so where were you when those ones were being "Sold" off to other nations?).

For someone from Montreal you sure seem to have a huge amount of interest in Alberta and unless you're working for an engineering firm that's somewhat tied here you seem to be sprouting an awful amount of nonsence.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote