Thread: Licensed Tamako Market
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-10, 04:37   Link #448
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
Eh, this feels very little like Tari Tari, Tamayura, Natuiro Kiseki etc. These three had drama as a major element from the getgo (not all dramas are of the melodramatic types like Key, Anohana, Kokoro Connect etc). The first episode of Tamako Market had no drama vibes whatsoever, and felt more like a "pure slice of life" to me much in the rein of K-on and Working but has the twist of eccentricity due to that talking bird, which for me is the prime attraction of the series. At least for now, the show isn't all about cute girls doing cute things, it just has cute girls in it.

However, more eps of Tamako Market needs to be aired to confirm as it may change later down the track.
I would not classify either of those three as dramas, but to each their own. I actually watched Natsuiro Kiseki and 4-6 eps of the other two I mentioned. And I stuck around as long as I did for the girls and the slice of life comedy element. I never cared for melodrama that felt manufactured. For as much Tamayura as I recall, it wasn't very dramatic, it just had some sad plot elements in the story, which actually seemed pretty similar to Tamako's mother and the scene in the cafe. Sad moments in the past but moved on.

The bird was meh for me. At first when I saw it, I was hoping it'd do something interesting like start talking, and it did! But after establishing his character, I didn't feel like he did anything all that surprising or funny. He establishes himself as some sort of perverted royalty of sorts, he did some edgy things, but I guess it just wasn't very original other than being inside a birds body. OFC you could tell he wanted to look over the wall at the public bath right? So I expected that to happen, and it did, and between that there wasn't really anything that made me laugh... Too much bird I guess. Despite being perverted he seems rather family friendly? Having a talking bird mascot taken seriously is something I'd expect from a show aimed at a younger demographic I guess. I for one won't be getting hooked by that bird, anyway. Tamako and the boy didn't do anything all that interesting either that pops off the top of my head. Tamako seems to have her head on straight and is pretty normal. The boy seemed to be a little unassertive but that's normal as well. There seems to be some crazy plot points at play, but I'm not concerned about that, I'd rather have interesting personalities. If the arrogant perverted bird is the most interesting character, there's no way I'll get through this show. That type of character I just can't stomach for more than a few jokes an episode, unless he does some really witty stuff, which iirc he didn't.
Ceral is offline   Reply With Quote