View Single Post
Old 2008-04-11, 12:59   Link #275
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
I agree. Sunlight has to affect the vampires in some manner. Otherwise, what would be the point of having them attend classes at night? If sunlight had no effect whatsoever, they could attend the day classes like the humans do.
1) to protect them from fangirls

2) i assume its not a very safe idea to keep the two species together for prolonged periods of time. Kaname might be able to control himself, but what about others? Yuuki already got to feel Aido's fang (if only for a bit), and if her position as the headmaster's "daughter", Zero's close friend and Kaname's "love interest" was not enough impending danger to override his natural instincts, i don't think many things would short of direct force.

And it was mentioned that this order (taking pills instead of human blood) is being "enforced" by the Pure Blood vampires (which Kaname seems to be), so many are probably not stellar about the idea to begin with. Better not to dandle a piece of ham in front of a starving lion.

Quote:
I have seen in other Japanese vampire manga and anime that it's only bright direct sunlight that affects vampires. Shade, sunset, sunrise --- indirect sunlight sources don't affect them at all or at least not as much. VK could be going with this version. But that still wouldn't explain why Yuuki can withstand direct sunlight while the other vamps can't. (Assuming that Zero in the early stages of transforming into a vamp would explain his sunlight tolerance.)

Skyfall, I had forgotten you'd mentioned the bloodlust aspect. You're right. If Yuuki is a vampire, that needs to be explained as well.
It was morning in start of the episode, and if the shading on characters is anything to go by, they were indeed exposed to sunlight. I am certain it would affect them to some degree, but within universe of VK it might well be very little. At any rate its clear they don't lit up like matches when exposed to sunlight and apparently not much discomfort is involved. (Else they would leave while its dark).

Zero has been shown to have fangs, and if you look closely at the bathroom scene when he runs out you can see his eye is red as well. From what i see thats no different from any other vampire in the series. Plus the attack on his family (which is likely when he got bitten) happened several years ago. More than enough time to "complete the transformation"

As for bloodlust it depends on what type the memory loss is. I think we can safely assume it was not random, thus someone is responsible for it with specific goal in mind. If she were a casual human i don't see much point, thus we can assume it was performed so she would exactly forget where she hails from. If thats the case and she indeed is a vampire, we have the possibility that whomever executed the forced amnesia might have cast a seal or something on, thus sealing away her true self, whatever that might be. To further the vampire theory - we know Zero hates vampires with passion. In the OP while she is drinking blood from the vial we see Zero in the background firing his gun in her direction.

Quote:
Yuuki as a doll is a possible theory but not as likely in my mind. I think the scenes of her a doll / marionette in the ED are more metaphorical than literal.
Hm ...indeed, its quite possible the ED is one big metaphor, but this brings me to next point on the "doll" theory side - in the ED there is a key hanging around her neck. Key for what ? If we assume thats a methapor, it might refer to Yuuki herself being a key to something. If we go by the "created human" theory which also explains her memory lapse, it could be possible she was created for a specific reason a ... sacrifice for some ritual maybe ? She may well be a "key" to something significant in someone's plans, and given the mood of ED i don't think the "key" is meant for Kaname's heart

Or i might well be crazy, who knows. But i am fairly certain that her memory loss and little hints in the OP/ED and ep1 (the bite), and even the headmaster taking her in just like that are just for the show, so something is going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
That scene was very misleading because the camera angel changed quickly. Hie licked her palm where she injured herself jumping from the tree. But the next scene where he has his fangs close to Yuki you can see him turn his head slightly to drag his fang across her neck, he purposely scratched her with his fang he didnt bite her. This does not count as a bite, he would have to pierced her skin with his fangs and drink her blood.
He did bite her hand though with one fang. I don't think you need to specifically bite one in the neck. Even Yuuki herself commented that " if this was like legends, i would have turned in to a vampire" ... to which i would refer to my previous speculation:
"And consider this - if she indeed is a vampire (or a "doll"), that means the headmaster has been hiding the truth from her for various reasons (perhaps he wants her to live a normal life ? Perhaps her vampire self was so dangerous it had to be sealed? To protect herself from her past?). Now, given the environment she lives in, he must have considered the possibility of such accruing. We can also assume that all she knows about vampires as the "truth" has been told by the headmaster. If he indeed wants to conceal her true identity (be it a vampire or a "doll"), him telling her lies (to put it bluntly) to provide explanation for such situations is not unimaginable.

... or i might be completely in the left field, providing good material for the manga readers to laugh at. Who knows:"