View Single Post
Old 2012-11-01, 10:24   Link #408
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I actually wanted to reply a lot earlier, since 3pm, but my iPad was being derp. Anyhow, my thanks and compliments, grevierr and DoomRavager, for your able replies to Hagoshod.

That said, given that I actually typed out this reply, I do feel like I want to post it anyway. Waste not, want not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagoshod View Post
Hi there, Wild Goose. How are you today? I just wanted to drop in to let you know I've started reading the actually Muv-Luv trilogy recently and

BUH-BOOM.

That's me nuking your argument.
Why, hello, Hagoshod. I've had a really good day. You really have nothing better to do, do you?

A-01 is supplied its personnel from local Japanese forces, as part of UN doctrine (UN forces in a nation will be part foreign troops and part local troops given to the UN). Yes, Chizuru volunteered for the IJA, but before she got there she was shunted to Training Squadron 207B (under Special Task Force A-01, which is part of the UN Army) for training, before she eventually went to Isumi's Valkyries.

Whereas Izumi is already commissioned into the Imperial Royal Guard by the time of the Fall of Kyoto. Notice how she and the rest of Yui's crew were wearing active duty reinforced suits and are flying Type-82 Zuikakus in IRG deployment colors. They aren't wearing their translucent training suits, nor are they flying the training colors Type-77 Gekishins.

Contrast this to Chizuru and the rest, who are wearing UN training reinforced suits, and are flying Type-97 Fubuki trainers, particularly when they deployed for 12/5.

Besides, one more thing. Has Chizuru had prior training? Nope. Where is she getting her training done? With 207B squadron, along with the rest of Takeru's harem. Whereas Izumi already had the better part of a year's worth of training as a prospective IRG officer/pilot. (Yes, the training is obviously truncated and they haven't completed the full training syllabus, but they've got the basics down and have been instilled with IRG doctrine. As a matter of perspective, OCS takes 90 days, while Sandhurst and Dartmouth last a year.) Also, as I mentioned with AOCS, and with practically all forms of military flight training, you can be a commissioned officer without completing flight training.

Again, I will further reiterate that Yuuko wants fresh trainees with zero preconceptions. Izumi has already spent a significant amount of time undergoing IRG training, and has had significant exposure to IRG doctrine. This is the final mark against her being a member of the Valkyries.

Sorry, looks like you dropped a dud bomb. Device failed to initiate. Negative effect on target. Try again, Hagoshod.

Also, thank you for providing this amusement to cap off my day. In future, I'd suggest that you do try to lessen your preemptive smugness - it only makes you look more foolish and conceited. Contrast the tone of your post with my response above.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote