View Single Post
Old 2008-03-22, 14:57   Link #77
jaisrh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch5920 View Post
I really do not like that terrible childhood sandal thing. Is that the whole thing their "love" is supossed to be based on? Because neither of them show any interest in the other person with actual reasons behind it. It's just I like him/her.
That time was probably when Hiromi first saw Shin in that way and it became an important memory for her. Clues in episode 3 and 10 make me think that Shin had a good reason why he remembered it as well, because he showed a strong reaction when Hiromi told him that of course she would never forget such a memory after earlier saying that she had forgotten. That memory has taken on a strong symbolic meaning in the show. My prediction is that Shin in episode 13 will let Hiromi know that it too was a cherished memory of his when he comes back to convince her of his feelings and overcome her doubts about him and Noe.

Their current level of feelings did'nt just happen overnight. They have been classmates since elementary school and had a friendly level of interaction over the years even though they were not close friends or anything. So the initial attraction that started back then probably continued to grow over the years. I don't find that hard to believe or understand at all. Don't a lot of people start having feelings for someone because of a shared special moment and then have their feelings grow over time as friends? I wish the show was a little longer so that they could show their past interaction in more detail to the visually obsessed who have trouble believing anything that they don't actually see.

Remember that Tomoyo in episodes 2 and 3 kept insisting that Shin was the one that Hiromi liked. In episode 8, Tomoyo told Hiromi that she had thought that Shin always had his sights set on her and never expected him to go out with Noe instead. Tomoyo did'nt base her assumptions on what happened in the past year when Hiromi was distant with Shin. It was probably based on what she saw of them when they were still friendly with each other. In other words, the attraction between Shin and Hiromi was noticeable to Tomoyo in the time period before Hiromi moved into Shin's house. When Hiromi took an interest in Shin and Noe after seeing them together in episode 2, Tomoyo correctly guessed that Hiromi was jealous. We did'nt know for sure back then but the episodes since then have clarified things. The writers have given us plenty of clues to work with, it just seems many viewers are too visually oriented so they want a lot of screentime showing things in detail before they can accept it.

Last edited by jaisrh; 2008-03-22 at 17:15.