View Single Post
Old 2012-12-08, 03:42   Link #89
eplipswich
The Anime Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
I just don't get why all you people think Rikka is "tearing her family apart." As far as I know, Rikka is the youngest member of her family. All of the other members are supposedly adults. You all are acting like she's some kind of Demon Child that is hell-bent on wrecking havoc within her family. The adult members of her family should act like adults.

The only one I see who is responsible for "tearing her family apart" is her mom. If you all think Rikka should grow up, shouldn't you all also think that her mom ought to grow up and take responsibility for her actions, as well?

Frankly, Yuuta had no business butting into someone else's family affairs. Touka should never have asked him to do so. She should have shouldered her own responsibilities, instead of passing them off onto someone who is not part of the family.

But this isn't reality, and Yuuta wouldn't be the hero of the day if things were portrayed more realistically.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
I find it amusing that so many people here insist that Rikka needs to give up her chuuni behavior, yet Yuuta, himself, reverts to his own chuuni behavior when he can't find a "normal" way to deal with his own emotions. He even goes so far as to prepare, in advance, a Dark Flame Master confession, which he actually delivers. Curious behavior for someone who has supposedly left that all behind, and then, shortly afterwards, insists that Rikka give up her chuuni-isms.

And why wasn't Yuuta upset with Rikka's mom, instead of taking it all out on Rikka? Wouldn't he be pissed at his own mom if she ran away? It's the first time he's met her, and she won't even try to give the bento to Rikka herself. Shouldn't he have tried to convince her to do so? I am so disappointed in his behavior.
I seriously don't understand what you are talking about in the 1st paragraph of 2nd quote. The problem here is that Rikka is suffering heavily from eighth-grade syndrome unlike Yuuta. Sure, Yuuta may still revert to his chuuni behavior, but that's because he needs to do that to communicate with Rikka. And Yuuta has already realized that his chuuni behavior is stupid; he's reluctant to do it, man. Rikka is using chuunibyou to escape from reality. Yuuta isn't. If Yuuta can convince Rikka that she shouldn't be using chuunibyou to escape from reality but for fun, then that's a different story. But it's easier said than done.

And as for Rikka's mom, yes, the initial parts of the episodes do give the impression that she left her. But in this episode, when you saw the flashbacks of Rikka's mom's and then her sadness, I can see that Rikka's mom had done everything to try to communicate with her, but Rikka is just too stubborn to do so. But I agree that she shouldn't have left the family and should have at least persisted in solving Rikka's problem.

You sound as if eighth-grade syndrome is easy to deal with when in fact, it is not. Especially when Rikka is doing this to escape from problems and reality, which is certainly an unhealthy thing to do.

But I do agree that "tearing the family apart" is not really the right phrase to use. It's just that she is creating discontent within her family. She is just not accepting reality and no matter what her family members do, she just won't give in.

I only watch highly recommended animes ~ ~