View Single Post
Old 2006-12-30, 12:41   Link #278
HimuraKiyone
Editor Extrordinaire

Send a message via ICQ to HimuraKiyone Send a message via AIM to HimuraKiyone Send a message via MSN to HimuraKiyone Send a message via Yahoo to HimuraKiyone
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
I'm not sure if anyone figured this out yet but I found the reason for the pixel problem situation with the ps3 backward compatibility.
First I've tried connecting my ps3 with different cables from component to composite to HDMI on a LCD HDTV (the ps3 games came out looking great on LCD HDTV). The backward compatibility (ps2 & ps1) screen came out horrible but with great colors.
Next I tried using a CRT TV, the screen was like it should be, no pixel problems there. But my CRT doesn't have a HDMI connector so I've only used component and composite cables. Looks like original ps2 quality.
My conclusion, CRT TV is still better than LCD and Plasma although it's big and bulky (I would recommend CRT HDTV but I haven't tried that yet so I don't know how the pictures will come out).
That could be the reason my PS2 games look great because I use a tube. I also have heard that you can change the output resolution on your PS3. This may help too.
Quote:
I guess the other problem that were known was the network problem, can't seem to figure that one yet. But I'm on that case as well (using different routers and connections but always gets kicked off about 5 mins in).
As far as I know, there is nothing wrong with your setup on that one, just poor network servers on Sony's end. The same thing happens to me. It took me three times to download a demo. But I did get it downloaded, it just took a couple connection attempts. Having Sony get their PSN working correctly would be a big plus.
Quote:
Hmm... as for heating problems, it does get hot and steamy but I've played my ps3 for like 8 hours straight one time and the disc didn't melt. Although I don't like the whole disc in slot thing, it's starting to leave little scratches on my games, not like the ps2 flip the lid (or eject the tray) and gently place it in .
Hmm, I haven't noticed the scratches, but I definitely will check. As for the overheating. I left mine on two nights ago to download something because I _had_ to go to bed and then rushed to work the next day and then did some stuff, and, well, left my PS3 on for about a day and a half. No problems. Whoo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
Honestly I wouldn't expect a price drop or deal from Sony any time soon, they are LOSING MONEY for each PS3 that's sold, so right now until it costs a heck of a lot less for it to be made (to the point where they actually make money each time it's sold) I wouldn't count on a price drop.

Not to mention that Sony is really dependent on the PS3's success as a company in general, this last year they've lost a crapload of money thanks to the battery recall, not to mention lawsuits with it's controller and other things, honestly PS3 may very well kill Sony... or perhaps some company would buy Sony out... Either way though, I highly doubt that the PS3 will end up getting Sony out of trouble...
Sony's success does not depend on the PS3. That is only a part of their company. They have plenty of other products to float them if the PS3 fails. If you didn't know, most of the video game consoles cost money to make when they are initially put on the market. Well, the Wii didn't, but it uses a processor that is almost the equivalent of an N64, so, we won't count them:) It takes a year or two for them to be able to break even, then make a small profit. Most of the money made is on game sales. It doesn't matter if you lose money on one thing, if you make it back tenfold on something else. Basic business principle.
HimuraKiyone is offline   Reply With Quote