View Single Post
Old 2011-12-29, 02:31   Link #649
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
(...) Games threads: no, against forum rules.(...)
We would have to go into semantics for that since survivor is basically a reverse of a poll in Claymore forum where instead of voting on a most favourite character(s) we "vote" (by writing a name) on a least favourite one. Also you have double standards since Saimoe is basically the same thing and it is allowed despite "no game rule", lol. Not to mention "Treasure Hunter game" or "Design your Gundam" game or other games that aren't called "games". Popularity polls could also be considered as the same game as survivor I'm proposing unless users wouldn't have an option to reply and write who they voted on (and optionally - why they voted on that someone). So an argument "it's a bigger waste of bandwidth" is also out of the question.
In short, you don't want to create this thread because it depends solely on your good will (plus there are no moe characters).

And in the first place, I'm not even sure that Claymore survivor would even succeed and wouldn't die in the preparations stage so you could allow for a "probation" period and preparations thread and see whether there would be someone willing to organize all this and people willing to take part in it.

Quote:
Yes, because chapter releases are always so reliably out at the exact times every month?
Yes, because moderators are so reliable that the thread is created the moment spoilers/chapter is out? And then we have 5 or more pages of discussions which belong to the next chapter thread and twice as that of discussions that would fit as well to 116th and 117th thread (so why not open it earlier). What's more annoying, all of them have spoiler tags which makes discussing "unappealing". I don't know other moderator as reliable as Klashikari who at least took the effort of transferring the posts concerning 117th chapter from 116th thread to 117th thread once he created 117th thread.

Quote:
A thread discussing who got a guess right: no, pointless.
It's not a thread who got a guess right but an aggregator of most interesting posts which could trigger some responses from new (or less new) users or even from old users who would notice something they haven't earlier (if only because they didn't have as much information as they have now). Seriously, how did you get "A thread discussing who got a guess right" from a "Most interesting posts thread" or "Posts recycle" thread where users could post links and fragments/parts of most interesting ideas/theories/reviews or other forms of written goods and discuss about something again (or for a first time) ?

What's funniest in all of this, it was easier for to you to answer everything at once and write a rather long post than answer before a whole list of ideas was created. And all you needed was a little encouragement from me.