View Single Post
Old 2012-08-11, 13:45   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 677 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Ah, early spoilers, how I love thee! So a short summary of the latest chapter was provided by ohana this time around, with Aohige doing the translation:

-Chapter title is "Counter Hazard". Ministory involves Jinbei ending Caribou's kidnapping spree by beating the crap out of him.

-Looks like Luffy and Law weren't the only supernovas who formed an alliance: It's revealed that upon his crewmate Killer's suggestion (who now has a 200 million bounty now BTW), Eustass Kid formed an alliance with Scratchmen Apoo AND Basil Hawkins!!!! Their new bounties are as follows: 470 million for Kid, 350 million for Apoo, and 320 million for Hawkins.

-Back to Luffy's group, Law uses his DF ability to take the chains off everybody. It turns out that Law had secretly replaced the seastone chains with normal ones at some point. He also returns Smoker and Tashigi to their original bodies. Around the island, we see people running away from the poison gas (like Usopp and Nanji, who are using Brownbeard for transport). However, when Caesar's pirate servants make it inside the lab to seek refuge from the chemicals, they find Luffy's group waiting for them, who after being joined by the remaining Straw-Hats and Kinemon (and breaking down the shutter door on their way to the lab), are all prepared to make their counter-attack....!!!!

Well now, well now. Looks like more of our super-rookie friends are appearing earlier than expected. I gotta say that I'm mighty pleased with Apoo's new bounty! But I'm not really surprised at all that Kid's reward is the highest by far. But that makes me wonder why we apparently don't have Killer's new bounty yet.....

Anyway, I guess it was either Law or Monet who switched those chains. But that makes me wonder why Luffy was still apparently weakened by the otherwise normal chains, then? Or maybe he only thought that they were actual seastone? If so, then lol.

Anyhow, there's no telling how soon it will be until the chapter's released since the spoiler's so early. Can't wait to check it out, though!

Last edited by marvelB; 2012-08-12 at 13:22.