View Single Post
Old 2009-10-11, 20:28   Link #323
JayBlanc

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime_layer View Post
* This is still 32bit. I don't think 64bit is very pressing but I'll look into it. It should also be possible to switch back to the 32bit version for the binary codecs (which aren't 64bit). I think that will need changes to Extended to select the right MPlayer architecture to use.
Just did a test compile using the http://pigoz.wordpress.com/2009/09/0...mplayer-redux/ method and configured to a x86_64 build. Then just did a dropin replacement in your distributed app package.

Works perfectly in embedded window playback! Significant CPU use drop. Being a slightly newer SVN build brings feature improvements as well, such as using the 'D' key to toggle de-interlacing on and off. Biggest improvement for me is it now works fine with Mpeg TS that has aspect ratio changes.

The fun part of this is demonstrating that I can run a x86_64 mplayer binary, with video outputted into the window of the i386 gui app. Much in the same way that QuickTime X drops back to i386 Quick Time 7, you should have no problems running a different arch mplayer binary outputting to the GUI's shared window.

Can I suggest using the same method as with falling back on the multithreaded binary... Allow use of the 64bit decoder, then fall-back on the i386 decoder if it fails (ie, no codec available).