View Single Post
Old 2012-09-02, 14:51   Link #30336
Patchwork Chimera
Human

Quote:
For all we know Yasu might not be the real kid of Beatrice 2 but she could have persuaded herself she is, while the real kid would be Ikuko... sort of like Battler isn't Asumu's kid but he thought so.
That's pretty cool, you know. Straight to headcanon, because is so crazy and bitter even Bernkastel would get a laugh out of it. Something like:

"The real Beatrice III died before being born, and you are a random fukuin orphan that has a terrible injury in a vague part of your body. All that angst, all that pain and the deaths of all the family... did you know, Yasu? You are not even Beatrice's daughter. *Cackle cackle*"

"I am-- I am... Kinzo's ughr.. Beatrice's daughter... no! It can't be!"

"Now you know what Battler felt! You are not an Ushiromiya! Kyahahahahaa!"

And all the witches laughed like mad.

Then, as anything family related in the gameboard, Yasu would realize that who her father was is of no consquence... because she is already dead and the angst about her parents wasn't as problematic as the messy lovelife she had. It actually was a good thing, since now she wasn't into some incestuous shit with her supposed family. And that, the not-incest thing, is what makes it a golden truth in my head. Long life Non-Ushiromiya Yasu!

And yeah, maybe IRL all that coincidence about names would be crazy, but in his work it might have a meaning. Doesn't mean that the meaning is something that can be decided just because it sounds pretty. Maybe Ryuu was thiking about reindeers when he named Rudolf, who knows?

Last edited by Patchwork Chimera; 2012-09-02 at 15:04.
Patchwork Chimera is offline   Reply With Quote