View Single Post
Old 2010-07-21, 11:47   Link #230
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiking_Bear View Post
Clearly it's not pointless since we have a masked Uchiha running around and every Uchiha we've seen alive is dead besides Sasuke. So, I guess Sasuke is Tobi then until proven otherwise...
I really do not understanding your reasoning process. We've never seen Madara dead, but we have seen Obito, Izuna, Fugaku, Itachi, etc dead (technically we've never seen Shisui's dead body, but it would be a little weird for Shisui to be Tobi), so by your logic any of them could be Tobi...

(Also, who says Tobi is actually an Uchiha? Just because he has a Sharingan?)

That being said, instead of focusing on the fact I acknowledge a character's death, why don't you focus on the fact that I equally acknowledge the potential for rebirth? What just because I wish to acknowledge the facts of the situation that means I refuse to acknowledge legitimate speculation? No. I am more than happy to debate the possibility of Obito/Izuna's resurrection, but if you aren't even willing to acknowledge that the basic fact of their deaths is known, then holding any conversation with you is pointless.

Quote:
Despite your denial, there are several pieces of evidence that point to the idea of Tobi being Obito. You're looking for answers to Tobi's identity in the databook, and you're not going to find it.
What denial? I started this thread specifically because I felt that the identity of Tobi was sufficiently called into question to warrant an actual discussion topic. Added to that, I've acknowledged time and time again that either Obito's dead body could have been taken by outside forces or even resurrected by others (the only thing I disagree with in regards to Obito is his survival, anything else is a possibility, except his survival). So I deny nothing about the speculation, I simply don't see it as valid because I find the evidence circumstantial at best (the only legitimate piece of evidence is the similarity between Kamui and Tobi/Madara's Space/Time Ninjutsu, but that does not actually indicate that Tobi/Madara is Obito).

(That being said, the Tobi entry specifically said that Madara was Tobi (and the Madara entry said that he was disguised as Tobi), so, realistically, an answer has already been provided, it’s just that many of us refuse to accept the answer due to the mystery of the mask.)

Quote:
It's not as if Kishimoto would reveal Tobi's identity by putting a big question mark over Obito's death.
Why couldn’t he have added ambiguity to the entry on Obito's death (as he added ambiguity to several other very important character bios in the past)? Kishimoto and his editors go out of their way to make the data books compliant with the story and even the possibility of a story. Many entries are either left blank or purposely vague so as to leave room for even the potential of story to be revealed in the future, even if said potential never actually amounts to anything (i.e. Karin's and Danzou's entries were left vague, and now we know that neither reveal was very interesting; but Nagato's entry was also left vague to stupendous results). So why couldn’t he have done the same thing with Obito, especially considering that when the second book came out (which is the data book that indexed Obito’s role in the story), Tobi hadn’t even been introduced?
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote