Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Uchuu Kyoudai (Space Brothers)
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-03, 10:03   Link #582
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadratic View Post
The question is, who is the more preferential person? A person who won't budge on the initial rules placed, or the person who adapts to changes (and positively)?
These exams all had certain kinds of themes and I'm sure the show won't be repeating them for the sake of coherence. The first exam was physical and mental ability. The second exam was stress handling, the third exam will be trust.

While I agree that Mizoguchi failed the leadership test during the second exam, that's not necessarily the position he'll be applying for when on a space mission. I'm also sure you're right that adaptability will play a major role in the whole selection process. It already has. The main goal of the second selection exam, however, was to see how the candidates performed inside a locked space for a lengthy period of time. For the purpose of the test, JAXA wasn't building Mizoguchi's nor anyone else's dream team, they merely wanted to see how candidates perform under extreme stress. They specifically built teams with maximized potential for conflict, so even if Mizoguchi had kept his mouth shut, his mental state indicator would have been providing the naked data. What we saw were the visual symptomes of stress, while JAXA was also evaluating the reported numbers. Makabe almost snapped, but bounced back. Mizoguchi was thoroughly devastated when he heard about the green card business, yet he went back to reconstruct the results. I believe both of them performed extremely well in the stress handling category; there is no clear winner here.

Now for the final selection exam, who to trust with your life is an extremely hard question to answer.

Would you trust the nicest person from the bunch? The most capable? The one with the best observation skills? The one who adapts better? A careful person, perhaps? Or perhaps a person who can, when the time comes, make a hard decision?

Based on what we've seen, I can predict different winners for each of these questions. Mizoguchi's weakness is adaptability, but he's extremely careful and will carry out a tough order or make a hard decision. Mutta isn't careful, but extremely observant and adaptive. Kenji is probably a well all-rounder, as well as Nitta.

And I don't want to talk shit about Serika because she's cute, lol.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote