View Single Post
Old 2011-01-01, 08:58   Link #42
witchfan

Don't take other people's impressions so lightly. We often decide on whether to go watch a movie, or read a book, depending on reviews by people who already experienced the work. If these reviews did not provide ample data for us to form at least basic opinions about the work, nobody would bother reading them before deciding what to watch, or read. While our impressions are not as impartial as those of a person who's had firsthand access to the work, we can still complain something is "apparently not all we hoped it would be". We don't know how correct we are, sure, but we aren't being blindly trigger happy either.

But, I do understand what you're saying. Umineko is a work especially suspect to personal opinion (I believe the fanbase is one of the most broken I've seen). As such, while I already said what I think about the spoilers, I'll try not to jump into conclusions before I've read it. I do admit I was a little trigger happy (that doesn't mean I was wrong, though...).

And hey, if I was right, maybe he'll resolve this mess in a supposed Umineko Rei.

(By the way, I just watched the quiz part in a stream, you get a glimpse of Genji and Kinzo's past, so that's nice.)

Last edited by witchfan; 2011-01-01 at 09:16.
witchfan is offline   Reply With Quote