View Single Post
Old 2006-05-18, 01:07   Link #43
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Request denied (Ep. 07)

Investigator A: "Oh, you're back sir!!"
Oishi: "Well? Anything new while I was gone?"

...everyone shakes their head in despair. You can see the exhaustion on these guys faces. I don't blame 'em, they haven't had any sleep since the night of Watanagashi.

Oishi: "Section manager, can you give them a break in turns, starting from the young 'uns? It's gonna be a long investigation so we should rest when we can."
SM: "I've been telling them to take a nap but they don't seem to go by my words. Can you tell them with your own words Oishi-san?"
Oishi: "Guys, guys, I don't want you to work yourselves to exhaustion ya know? Komiyayama-kun, tell them to start taking a break, young 'uns first."
SM: "Komiyayama-san, please do so."

Komiyayama-kun agreed and left his chair.

Oishi: "And, SM. How 'bout my request? Is it still not going through?"
SM: "It's just a village rumor at this point right? It's difficult for that request to pass unless we have something more concrete."
Oishi: "But that concrete evidence might be inside there"
SM: "We need the proof that the evidence is housed there!"
Oishi: "SM~, we're not playing a riddles here... Two people outta four that went into the forbidden storage house died. There was someone who witnessed them going inside! How much more proof do we need?"
SM: "You say a lead, I say it's a rumor. You don't have concrete proof right?"
Oishi: "Well yes I don't have a photo of the four sneaking in, but I'm certain that they saw something inside the storage! Something big enough to make them disappear!"
SM: "Big enough for them to disappear? What is that then?"

Ugh...I don't know what's inside! That's why I'm petitioning to get the search warrant approved in the first place...!

Oishi: "I suspect something that deals with the Sonozaki syndicate. Perhaps a mountain of Tokarev TT-33s, an opium processing lab, oh the possibility of the Sonozaki's hidden cash can't also be ruled out too."
SM: "Oishi-san, I understand your feelings! But that storehouse is a sacred site in the compounds of the Furude Shrine. It's a sacred site and we need to take into consideration of the local residents of that area!"

I heard that the chief was grilled by Assemblyman Sonozaki for over an hour. Perhaps the SM was given a warning by the chief?

SM: "Anyway, unless we have concrete evidence, we cannot obtain a search warrant for that storage. The same goes for the Sonozaki main household! Besides, the Sonozaki compound is an area that is handled by Section Four(1) and the Boutai(2). It takes months of preliminary fine-tuning to make it happen!"
Oishi: "If it's fine-tuning you want, I can go and ask them right now? Section Four was Shige-chan right? And the Boutai was Yamami-san. Man, I can talk to them playing at the mahjong place right next door."

Police A: "S...SM! There's a person who wishes to speak with you...ah, please wait...!"

A yakuza-like old man dressed in traditional men's garb shoved aside the guide. ...oh dear. I guess he wasn't satisfied with just a phone call?

Assemblyman Sonozaki: "I'm Assemblyman Sonozaki! Who's the man in charge!? Hurry up!!"
SM: "H...Hello! I am the Section Manager, Takasugi!!"
AS: "I don't need your business card!! I can send you off to an unimportant post in a snap! And I'm not satisfied with just you! Where's this guy named Oishi, the fucking bastard who has the nerve of asking for a search warrant for a sacred site like Furude Shrine!!"
SM: "Uh...I'm sorry sir! Mr. Oishi is currently on an investigation and we cannot reach him right now! I would be happy to answer your questions on his behalf...! Please, have a seat!"

The SM makes eye contact with me to get the heck outta here. ...I guess I'd better take his kindness right now... I think I'll get some much needed shut-eye in the resting room.

AS: "You listen carefully!! The Furude Shrine is a sacred site which spans over 2500 years out of the 2600 years of our country's history!! The shrine holds the spirit of the gods and the Oyashiro-sama, protects and looks over Hinamizawa from dusk to dawn, day and night!! And you guys have the nerve of barging in there with dirts on your fucking shoes!! Besides, freedom of belief and religion is a right written in our nation's constitution!!! And the motive for using this as an excuse for your fiddled investigation!! How dare you!! You won't get away with this easily!? You hearing me you asshole!!! Yeah you better be scared, cause I'm going to make you regret the day you pissed the shit outta me, you got that!?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
(1) Section Four - was a section in the police department that handed investigations on organized crime
(2) Boutai - was a section in the police department that checked and oversaw crime syndicates