View Single Post
Old 2012-11-29, 00:27   Link #1092
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
True but even by wiki most of these girls were sold into their profession. You can glorify it all you want. Those girls were sold into prostitution, got a better education and relied on rich men patronage to live that lifestyle. When the money evaporated, they were prob SOL. I agree to disagree.
You're waaaaay off the track here.
The original poster said there was no time in history where prostitutes were respected.
So I brought "oiran" as an example of a prostitute that was respected in the society.
This is not a subjective topic, as it does not pertain to you or me, it pertains to the perception of Edo society.

You're challenging "time in history where prostitutes lived a full and happy life", which isn't the topic at hand. That is a subjective topic that can be argued, but for the time being, it's not on the same page. I think you may have come in midway and didn't check what the discussion was about in the first place.

I don't disagree with you that being forced into prostitution is not an ideal lifestyle. But that's not the point.

Last edited by aohige; 2012-11-29 at 01:03. Reason: gramm
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote