View Single Post
Old 2013-02-27, 15:48   Link #248
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
You actually do understand that they only discovered Eren can change into Titan after the invasion, right? And since then they didn't have any opportunities to get close to him, right?
There's a bit of a problem either way in my opinion.

Case A: They knew about Eren's situation, in which case it's hard to understand why they had to wait 5 years to kidnap him.

Case B: They didn't know about Eren, and then you need to face the fact that they were casually assigned to the same squad where the one who would become their main objective was. Not to mention that in the same squad there is already casually another human titan that they met in the past whom they were completely unaware of (Ymir).

There are too many fortuitous coincidences in a world where apparently human titans were never heard of and suddenly there are at least 5 all from the same training team, not to mention that four of them were on the top five of the best recruits (behind Mikasa, which is inhuman in her own way).

Still there are many things that are left without any explanations, so I think it's early to make a judgement. Maybe there is a good explanation, but right now there isn't any, I'll just wait and see.

And I would wait to say that "obviously they didn't know about Eren", because we can't really be sure of that, maybe they did, but they had a reason to wait. One possibility is that they had to wait for him to awaken before taking action, though I have absolutely no clue as to why.

There's one thing about Reiner that struck me as very odd reading the past chapters, and that's the fact that he actually though he would die there in that tower, which at first I thought it was inconsistent with the fact that he can become a titan himself and it's very unlikely that he'd rather die than transforming.
Then I realized that he probably couldn't transform because there was no sunlight, so he actually risked his life.

I'm a bit confused about the sunlight requirement for transformations into titan because we have at least two cases with Eren where he transformed without a direct exposure. One was the first time when he was inside the titan's stomach, the second is when he was below the ground just before fighting Annie for the second time, the same underground tunnel she refused to enter because allegedly if she did she wouldn't be able to transform...

Another thing is... Berthold implies that Reiner was still a warrior in the past... but just how old are they? I surmised that the members of that training team had all more or less the same age, but Eren, Mikasa and Armin were just kids five years before. Unless they are ageless or older than they look, it would mean that the armored titan and the 50 meter titan that attacked Wall Maria in the past were kids.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote