View Single Post
Old 2006-07-26, 17:00   Link #101
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Yes, Kyon is awesome, to me, its because the story would never have existed in any way without him. He himself is the many reasons why this story exists.

Kyon is also special because he is more than just a male lead, or a narrator. The story doesn't revolve around him, but written in a perspective, his perspective, which makes the story his.

The main character of the show is Haruhi, but Tanigawa Nagaru used a brilliant 1st person perspective of Kyon to tell her story. This makes the story theirs, a story of two people from one perspective.

The novels/show connects with the readers/audience, because it is shown in this perspective, a single person's perspective. All humans are individuals and we all see the world in our single perspectives. Most other stories are told by 3rd person and we see from multiple perspectives, it doesn't connect with the audience as strongly as a 1st person's perspective.

EDIT: There are also many other reasons why this story wouldn't have existed without Kyon, but they would be heavy spoilers lol
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/