View Single Post
Old 2011-01-12, 12:16   Link #10
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
^Would you really consider a Gear 2 assault to be "minor"? Heck, even Luffy himself acknowledged that Hyozou was a pretty tough customer after discovering that he was poisoned......
Gear 2 is par for the course nowadays, and while Luffy did acknowledge him, it seemed more like false hype to me...whatever the case, I just didn't see a reason to hype the character yet (though I do think Van der Decken's hype is growing nicely).

I did like the detail about Luffy being slightly immune (or at least having a greater resistance to) poison(s)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
BTW, I kinda have an idea as to how Luffy will bring doom upon Merman Island: Luffy will accidentally destroy Big Mom's candy factory, which will bring about the empress' wrath due to having lost her source of favorite confectionary treats.
I could definitely see that happening. I could also see the Princess falling in love with Luffy and abandoning FI to travel with him (which will ruin the economy, since people come to see how beautiful she is); or, he insults her, causing her to abandon FI (which will ruin the economy) to attempt to kill him. Etc.

In the end, if a character says Luffy will bring ruin, my first inclination will always be something comedic .