View Single Post
Old 2009-09-18, 08:47   Link #72
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
I would assume he is proficient in those areas as well.
Actually He isn’t.

Quote:
If you think about it, while Batman is the reputed best detective (and I'm not necessarily disputing that), the Question has only that job. He focuses solely on that, whereas Batman has muscle and fighting to deal with. This might be why we see Batman relegating some detective duties to Question in JLU. Don't get me wrong, Batman is my favorite DC hero, I just raise an eyebrow to unabashedly ranking him above a character entirely dedicated to questioning things in solving mysteries.
Well, I understand your concern, but there is nothing more to it, Bat-Man detective skills are better than Question, is just that in this case Bat-Man is a character that comes and goes to the JL (due to his job in Gotham), this is the main reason why he put Question on this particular task. Batman could had very well reached to the same conclusion as question, even better, as Question was paranoid (this is a fatal flaw while been a detective) with Superman over what he saw in the tape.

At the end, the reputation exist because he is the best Detective, as like Question there are many as good detectives as Him, like Oracle, Dick Grayson (Yes he is) and The Riddler.

Quote:
If you haven't watched the 90's Spider-Man, that is very high quality (JL and 90's Batman level) as well.
I disagree, while SpiderMan TAS was a great anime, and one of my favorite, it does not have the same level of Quality as this two series, I do give you that the series had some episodes that did had the same quality as JL or Batman, but not all of them.