View Single Post
Old 2012-03-28, 00:08   Link #131
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastOrder View Post
Also, Amata and Kagura being bound by thorns, I found that pretty interesting as well. And very interesting that Jin was also done in by a thorn.

I'm not getting into reincarnations right now, but I just have this gut feeling that both Amata and Kagura are connected somehow. It might not even be reincarnations at all. There could be something else connecting the two together. Possibly Alicia.
I had always assumed it was Mykage's thorns, especially for Kagura (seeing as how it basically mirrors his state from Episode 6 to 11). I think we're going to really get into Amata's character when he finally goes (returns?) to Altair (with the true eve, of course, to complete his duty as an Altairian male). His mother being on Altair is not a plot line that their not going to use nor is Izumo's knowledge of Amata and Alicia. (And, its through Alicia, that I can see Amata being controlled by Mykage if he hasn't been already. If Mykage is the reason for her departure then he's already got his hands on Amata so to speak as it was his actions that have driven Amata thus far.)

Now, assuming Amata's stories are true (here's some fun speculation):

His dad and Alicia's lover, why have we never seen anything of him? He was likely one-shot by Mykage. Why? Because he'd have effectively done what Jin just did, betrayed Altair and Mykage for love, spoiling the Eve and turning her, as Mykage sees it, into used trash. Even if his words were to goad Izumo, his actions seem to imply more than just petty trickery for the sake of pissing of Izumo as he was about to kill her if Izumo hadn't intervened. Why would Mykage do such just to goad Izumo? What does he hope to benefit? He seemed more like someone with a petty grudge against her. (There also seems to be more to the eve than just making babies, otherwise Alicia's status as a mother would be irrelevant. Perhaps having a child make them unable to function as the true eve for some reason.)

More importantly, Mykage and Izumo were cooperating in the past to get the Eve, so they were not always on such shaky (and isn't that an understatement) terms. Something seems to have changed for Mykage to become the way he is today, and I can easily see it as some sort of betrayal from someone he'd trusted. Perhaps a certain, unnamed golden haired Alterian male knocked up a certain valuable Vegan female, that Mykage had had a use for in his plans. Mykage killing said male may have shattered whatever cooperative spirit he and Izumo had if said male was someone Izumo had known. (I can easily see the unknown male's death as the reason for Alicia's departure to Altair, to appease Mykage's wrath and spare the child of love.)

If the above happened, we can better understand why Mykage is so vengeful when it comes to treacherous love.

Quick addition:
Amata having no smell? Perhaps that because he's new to the story. The blank page theme works for this.